Top 5 Reasons to Ban Fracking!
While natural gas companies profit from fracking, most people lose. There are several reasons why Fracking should be banned, but here are the top 5 according to the latest research:
- Poses a major threat to the Environment and Human Health
- Is Second to Coal for Emitting Greenhouse Gases
- Requires an Enormous amount of Water - water rates tend to go up as a result!
- Decreases Property Value by an average of 25%, especially for homes that are located near an Injection Well being used to dispose of dangerous fracking wastewater.
- Is Not a Long-term Solution for energy independence
Fracking threatens the air we breathe, the water we drink, the communities we love as well as the climate. For these reasons, over 250 communities in the U.S. have passed resolutions to stop fracking, and why Vermont, France and Bulgaria have stopped it.
Why the only real solution to the problem is to BAN FRACKING!
Fracking is inherently unsafe and we cannot rely on regulation to protect communities’ water, air and public health, as demonstrated by what has been happening in Fayette County. The industry enjoys exemptions from key federal legislation protecting our air and water, thanks to aggressive lobbying and cozy relationships with our federal decision makers. Unfortunately, some politicians are willing to sacrifice an entire community for the almighty dollar.
Concerned citizens should put pressure on Governor Earl Ray Tomblin to Ban Fracking now.
Send your Letter to Ban Fracking to:
Office of the Governor
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, West Virginia 25305
Attention: Governor Earl Ray Tomblin